Eligibility for the Azbee Awards
The Azbee Awards of Excellence competition is open to any English-language, U.S.-based publication (a print magazine, newsletter or business journal/newspaper, or a Web site, e-mail newsletter, blog or digital magazine), whose content is business-to-business oriented (i.e., business, trade, association, professional), and their editorial and design staff and freelancers. ASBPE membership is not required, but members will receive a discount on entry fees.
Please review the Azbee eligibility rules before entering the competition:
- ALL entries must be completed via ASBPE's online entry system. Most entries will require PDF uploads or links; a few categories will require hard copies to be mailed to ASBPE after the information about those entries is submitted online.
- All entries must have an issue or post date of 2016. Entries must have been issued, published, posted, or emailed from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, bimonthly, and quarterly publications and e-publications are eligible.
- Entering media in all formats should be independent business-to-business publications with audiences primarily composed of business and professional people, whose editorial focus is on the information and skills needed by those readers in performing their job. Under normal circumstances, custom advertising vehicles, no matter how "editorial-like," would not be considered independent. ASBPE reserves the right to reject any entries from publications that do not meet that criteria.
- There is no limit to the number of unique entries in a given category, except for Web Site of the Year, Magazine of the Year, Multi-Platform Package of the Year, Newsletter of the Year, E-Newsletter - General Excellence, and Overall Headline Writing, in which case only one entry per publication is allowed in each. Editorial digital components of any category may be entered separately in other categories or as a component of a broader category.
- Entries improperly submitted may be rejected. Reasons can include, but are not necessarily limited to, not following instructions, not providing requested information and materials (including online passwords where applicable), or submitting an entry in the wrong category. At the discretion of the judges, entries may be moved to other categories. Judging decisions are final. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- If a password is required to access all or part of an entry, the entrant must provide a user name and password to judges that will remain active until July 31, 2017. There is a field to provide this information on the entry form for the online categories.
- Persons submitting entries represent that they have the right to do so on behalf of themselves or their organization and that doing so does not violate the rights of any third party, that each entry is an original work and does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, and that the entrant or the entrant's organization will defend and indemnify ASBPE against claims brought by third parties arising out of ASBPE's use of entry.
- Each entrant grants to ASBPE a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable right and license to utilize the entry in the Azbee Awards competition, to display all or any portion of any winning entry at any contest awards ceremony or in any promotional materials for the competition, and to include, at ASBPE's sole and exclusive discretion, all or any portion of any winning entry in a published (in digital or other format) compendium of Azbee Award winning entries.